Shahryar Ahmadi, MD, FRCSC, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with specialty training in shoulder and elbow surgery. He has extensive experience in arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery, joint reconstruction, and repairing physical trauma. With about 300 shoulder arthroplasties and 30 elbow arthroplasties performed each year,
Dr. Ahmadi is one the most experienced surgeons in this field.
Dr. Ahmadi received his medical degree at the Tehran University of Medical Sciences. He completed his residency at the University of Toronto and subsequently received training by world-renowned shoulder and elbow surgeons during his fellowship at the Mayo Clinic. Dr. Ahmadi then pursued an academic position as director of shoulder and elbow surgery at the University of Arkansas for over ten years.
Dr. Ahmadi regularly performs exceedingly involved shoulder and elbow surgeries, including complex revision surgeries. He regularly receives referrals from other orthopedic surgeons throughout the state. Dr. Ahmadi is a member of several educational committees and has years of experience teaching residents, fellows, and orthopedic surgeons. He is also a consultant for several orthopedic companies.
An expert in his field, Dr. Ahmadi has published numerous papers and is a reviewer for several medical journals. He is an expert consultant for patients throughout the world, holds several patents, and has invented a novel approach for elbow arthroplasty.
Dr. Ahmadi has been selected the Best Doctors in America (www.bestdoctors.com) for the last seven years.
- Shoulder arthroscopy, rotator cuff repair, superior capsular reconstruction
- Biceps injury
- Shoulder instability
- Muscle transfers around shoulder and elbow
- Shoulder arthroplasty, complex reconstruction
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Elbow instability, ligament reconstruction
- Elbow arthroplasty, complex reconstruction
- Upper extremity trauma and fractures
- Upper extremity deformities
- Medical School: Doctor of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, University of Toronto
- Fellowship: Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Canadian Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Consultant for Best Doctors in America
- Consultant for Zimmer-Biomet
- Consultant for Tornier-Wright medical
- Shoulder and Elbow Evaluation Committee, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Upper Extremity Practice Analysis Advisory Panel (AAOS)
- Mayo Clinic elbow club
- Reviewer for several journals
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Medical Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Best Doctors in America
- Dr. Ahmadi has been voted one of the “Best Doctors in America” every year since 2015
- He holds several teaching awards (The Walter G. Selakovich, M.D. Faculty award for outstanding
contribution to orthopedic training, Dean’s teaching award)
- Dr. Ahmadi has been awarded several research grants (arthroscopy simulation, rotator cuff
muscle regeneration research etc.)
- Dr. Ahmadi holds several patents in orthopaedic devices
- Dr. Ahmadi has invented a novel approach for elbow arthroplasty that lets immediate use of arm after surgery and significantly decreases wound complication